Drawing from personal and professional experience, Ms. Chantal Sicile-Kira shares insights and wisdom on how professionals and parents can come together as a team to move towards a common goal: creating successful outcomes for individuals with autism of different ability levels.
In this interactive session, participants will learn from Ms. Sicile-Kira the philosophy of collaboration and common vision that infuses this presentation, explaining the 10 essential life skills students and loved ones need to learn.
The following life skills are discussed:
• Making Sense of the World • Communication • Safety • Self-Esteem • Pursuing Interests
• Self-Regulation • Independence • Social Relationships • Self-Advocacy • Earning a Living
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify three personal qualities parents of special needs children need to develop.
- Identify three strategies for adapting to change.
- Identify the four different circles of support that most individuals have.
- Identify three key attributes needed by educators and parents for successful transitions of students with ASD between schools/grade levels/classes.
- Identify at least four life skills children with autism need to learn.
- Identify at least two reasons why it is necessary to teach the concept of Private/Public to all ASD learners.
- Name & describe three successful coping strategies for use with ASD students/children to help with daily transitions.
- Name three strategies to help ASD students/children learn the life skill of self-regulation.
- Name at least two ways of fostering independence in ASD students/children.
Cost: $95.00 for Teachers & Professionals // $40.00 for Consumer & Family Members
Where: Sauk Valley Community College Cafeteria 173, Illinois Route 2, Dixon, IL
Registration fee will include lunch and 6 hours of Continuing Education credits for:
Educators,LCPC, LPC, LCSW, LSW, Licensed Clinical Psychologists, RN, LPN, APN, NHA, Physical and Occupational Therapy, PTA, OTA & QIDP
Early Intervention CE credit spending approval for Friday 4/13/18 only.
Registration deadline: April 4, 2018
Secure Online Registration with GetMeRegistered.com for this indepth presentation: “Creating Positive Outcomes: Teaching Autism Life Skills”
Printable Registration Form is here: Chantal Sicile-Kira Training Brochure 2018